It’s time to join the traditional New Year’s Resolutions–you know the one- lose the proverbial 10 pounds-hit the gym and go on a cleanse and diet. Well this year I would like to propose something different. Why not forget the diet, forget the cleanse, and instead do something really radical!! SUPPORT YOUR BODY ON A PATH OF HEALTHY LIVING
1. Consider eating real food in its natural form and omit all of those chemicals
2. Get 8 hours of restful sleep each night and wake up ready for a new day without needing a caffeine jolt
3. Drop the sodas and instead drink water–suggested amount is one-half of your body weight in ounces (an individual person weighing 160 pounds would drink 80 ounces of water per day)
4. Begin eating breakfast consisting of real food, not convenience or take out varieties
5. Stop using artificial sugar
6. Snack on FOOD such as fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, nuts, and seeds and stop the cookies, crackers, candy and processed treats
There are just a few healthy habits if added to one’s life style, the body will appreciate. So why don’t I like diets and cleanses? Because they are quick fixes that really don’t fix anything but can cause future health problems.
A good cleanse begins with a healthy body and sound nutrition The body constantly cleanses itself. If it didn’t we would all die from toxic poison. Everyday the body is exposed to elements that are not healthy. Things like pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, heavy metals, genetically modified foods, bacteria, viruses, air pollution, preservatives, artificial ingredients in our food and the list goes on. The Immune System, Lymph System, and the Eliminative Organs are our line of defense. They know how much to safely cleanse and then release from the body and not cause harm. But if you force the body to release a lot of toxins from a forced cleanse that the resources of the body are not able to handle, you have just released a cesspool of garbage that can overwhelm the bodies resources and condition. In extreme cases this garbage dump can cause death.
A key support for the Immune System is Kela I. It provides the elements of nutrition that the body requires so that Super Oxide Dismutase Enzyme (SOD) can be manufactured. SOD is a major player for support and orchestrating cleansing the body. It protects against Free Radicals, heavy metals, environmental toxins, bacteria, virus, and a host of stress causing elements.
If the body does not have enough nutritional support to manufacture SOD, then the body can become compromised with how much cleansing it can release. In addition to a healthy diet, consider taking Basic plus to provide additional nutritional support the body may need, and taking Kela I to maintain support for a strong Immune System. They can help maintain the efficiency of the cleansing process the body uses.
Diets never tell the truth. Everyone wants a quick fix for those “extra” pounds but those quick fix solutions really aren’t solutions. In the long run they can have nasty side effects or long term consequences. There is nothing more effective for achieving desired weight and body size with lasting results than to clean up your diet and actually solve the root cause of the problem. A healthy lifestyle incorporates real food into the diet, not processed, man made synthetic substitutes. If needed, additional nutritional support such as Basic plus can be used to cover any deficiencies not found in the food being eaten. If there is need for supportive medical help, a qualified medical health provider should be consulted. Thoughtful, low to moderate intensity exercise should be included as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Dieting can reduce metabolic rate as a way of protecting the body against excessive weight loss. Crash diets =lower metabolic rate=slower metabolism + sudden surge of food=easy weight gain.
Low calorie dieting may result in malnutrition from insufficient nutrient levels in the food. If herbal laxatives, carb blockers, caffeine and central nervous system stimulants, are used with a really low calorie restrictive diet, the digestive and intestinal tract can be damaged. This can reduce the body’s ability to digest and absorb what it needs to stay healthy after the “diet” is ended.
Diarrhea or constipation can occur when weight loss is too fast. Diarrhea causes a loss of vast amounts of water and electrolytes besides nutrients that are evacuated too quickly to be absorbed properly.
Constipation can become a serious concern from stuck stool that re-circulates toxins back into the body, fosters growth of unfriendly bacteria, causes additional weight gain and places additional strain on the digestive system.
Hair, skin, and nail problems can result from reduced calorie diets’ insufficient amounts of vitamins, minerals, and vital macronutrients. The skin, the largest organ of the body, is responsible for protecting the body from viral and bacterial invasion. It is the largest provider of T Killer cells for the Immune System. If the skin is not healthy fewer T Killer cells are manufactured. This can impact the entire defense system of the Immune System.
Moderation in all things is an important principle for health. But in the spirit of New Year’s Resolutions here is a list of five foods that can help eliminate belly fat.
1. Don’t skip breakfast. Eat whole eggs including the yolk, not just egg whites. The egg yolk is the healthiest part of the egg. Egg Yolks contain more than 90% of the calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, B6, folate, B12, and panthothenic acid. Fat soluble vitamin A, D, E, and K as well as all of the essential fatty acids are found in the yolk. Protein in whole eggs is more bio-available than egg whites alone due to the balanced amino acid profile that the yolks help to build. Egg yolks help control your appetite, balance fat burning hormones and help your body burn fat.
2. Choose grass-fed beef, bison, and free roam chicken to eat. The health of the animal affects how healthy the meat is for your consumption. These animals are meant to eat grass and forage, so the practice of feeding grain causes digestive system problems ( a main reason for e-coli) and makes the animals sick, which then requires use of antibiotics.
3. Eat Avocados. This fruit is a great source of fiber. It is super high in monounsaturated fat, loaded with vitamins, minerals, micro-nutrients and antioxidants. The quality of healthy fats from avocados helps the body maintain proper levels of hormones, which helps with fat loss, muscle building and reduce appetite cravings.
4. Eat fresh, raw nuts like walnuts, almonds, pecans, pistachios and macadamias. Nuts help your body burn fat by maintaining food levels of fat burning hormones to control appetite and cravings. Eating roasted and salted nuts will defeat a lot of their healthy goodness and destroys the nutritional content of their healthy fats so avoid salted roasted choices.
5. Berries are a powerhouse of nutrition. Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, goji berry, blackberries etc. are some of the best antioxidants of any food in existence. The have a healthy dose of fiber which slows carbohydrate absorption and digestion rate. This helps control blood sugar levels.
So here it is –2013 New Year Resolutions for a healthier lifestyle without the futile quick fixes that don’t work. Exchange old habits for new healthier choices and enjoy the benefits they bring.
Happy New Year and Happy New You!
Dr. Janeel Henderson